HDG Gabion Box with EN10244-2:2009
Galvanized wire box gabions required specifications
|Dimensions of Gabions (L × W × H) in meters
||Quantity required in pcs
|2 × 1 × 1
|1.5 × 1 × 1
|1 × 1 × 1
The standard type gabion shall be made from flexible hot dip galvanized wire mesh of the type and size shall satisfy the requirements and detailed drawings below.
- Mesh: the mesh shall be hexagonal woven mesh of the type 8 × 10 cm with a double twisting made of 2.7 mm wire. The edges shall be reinforced with a reinforcing steel wire that shall be of a higher diameter of the mesh wire.
- All wires shall have a tensile strength within the range of 350-550 N/mm2 and a minimum elongation during braking 8%, as per EN10223-3 standards.
- The testing shall be effected on samples of 25 cm length and prior the mesh processing.
- The tolerances of the wire shall meet the requirements of EN10218-2 (Class T1).
- The tensile strength of the mesh shall not be less than 50 KN/m, during testing under the EN15381 standard.
- All used in the fabrication of the gabions steel wires shall be hot dip galvanized in accordance with EN10244-2:2009 with an aluminium/zinc alloy (Zn95Al5 Class A).
- The minimum zinc coating on wire 2.7 mm in diameter shall not be less than 245 gr/m2.
- In case the diameter of the wire used in the fabrication of the netting is greater than the value specified, then the thickness of the zinc coating shall be in accordance with EN 10244-2:2009.
- The adhesion of the zinc coating to the wire shall be such that when the wire is wrapped six turns round on a cylindrical mandrel having four times the diameter of the wire it does not flake or crack when rubbing it with the bare fingers.
- All edges of the standard gabions including end panels and the diaphragms shall be mechanically selvedge in such a way as to prevent reveling of the mesh and to develop the full strength of the mesh.
- The wire used for the selvedge shall have a diameter equal to or greater than 3.4 mm.
- The zinc coating of these wires shall be in accordance with EN 10244-2:2009.
- Lacing wire
- Sufficient lacing and connecting wire shall be supplied with the gabions for all the wiring operations to be carried out in the construction of the gabions work.
- The quantity of such wire is estimated to be about 5-7% approx. of the gabion weight supplied.
- The diameter of the lacing wire shall be 2.2 mm and the minimum mass of zinc coating shall be not less than 230 gr/m2 as given EN 10244-2:2009.
Galvanized wire box gabions drawing.
Gabion mesh machine.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.