Chicken Wire Protects Animals and Prevent Predator
Chicken wire, also called poultry netting, rabbit mesh, chicken netting, is a type of wire fence with hexagonal opening. Triple twisted woven wire mesh structure make it solid and prevent cracking. The chicken wire is made of hot dipped galvanized or PVC coated galvanized wires for outstanding corrosion and rust resistance to resist the harsh weathers. The thin wire is available in 1/2", 1", 1-1/4", and 2" openings, which the wire diameter can range from 19 gauge to 22 gauge. Compared with hardware cloth, or other fencing, the chicken wire is more economical and easier to install. Chicken wire is a favorite wire mesh among farmers, pet owners and gardeners. It has a wide range of applications, such as creating pens for confining poultry, rabbits and other small animals, used as garden fences, metal lath and road meshes.
Hot dipped galvanized chicken wire.
PVC coated chicken wire.
Specifications of chicken wire
- Material: hot dipped galvanized wire or PVC coated wire.
- Structure: triple twisted hexagonal opening.
- Wire diameter: 19 gauge to 22 gauge.
- Mesh size: 1/2", 1", 1-1/4", 2", etc.
- Roll width: 2', 4' or other sizes.
- Roll length: 25' or 50'.
Features of chicken wire
- Hot dipped galvanized wire for corrosion and rust resistance and durable life.
- PVC coated wires for chemical stability and beautiful surface.
- Galvanized after weaving for longer-lasting rust protection.
- Twisted structure can prevent cracking.
- Small openings can keep rats, squirrel or snakes out of the chicken run.
- Lightweight and easy to install.
- Welded, galvanized hardware cloth for preventing snakes or squirrels.
Applications of chicken wire
- Chicken wire is the most suitable material to be used as the support netting for poultry or animals because of the lightweight structure and easy to install character. Just place the chicken wire onto the wooden frame and stretch tightly. Then use the staples to fasten the chicken wire onto the frame, all the works are completed. It not only can keep your chickens and other poultry in the run, but also prevent the animals, such as snakes, yellow weasel and other animals out of the run.
- Chicken wire can be used as garden fence to protect fruit, flowers and vegetables from animals. Just install the chicken wire surround the garden and fasten them. You need bury the chicken wire about 12 inches to prevent animals digging through the garden.
Chicken wire can be used for confine chickens in the pen.
Chicken wire can be used to raise ducks.
Chicken wire for raising pigeons.
Chicken wire for rabbit raising.
Chicken wire can protect chicks from dog.
Chicken wire can be used as garden fence to keep animals out.
- Wooden post and staples. Just buries the wooden post into the ground and fasten the chicken wire onto the wooden post by staples. It is an economical and easy operating method.
- Galvanized or powder coated U post and clips. Bury the U post into the ground and fasten the chicken wire onto the U post. Compared with wooden post, the U post can supply higher tensile strength and durability.
- For prevent snakes or other small animals from entering your garden, you can use the chicken wire mesh with hardware cloth. Choose the hardware cloth with 1/2" openings and fasten the hardware cloth onto the bottom of chicken wire.
Answers for customers' doubt
- How can I attach chicken wire to the post?
Refer to the installation tip. You can use the tie wire, clips or clamps to fasten the chicken wire onto wooden or U post.
- Would this chicken wire keep moles out off our garden?
You can use the 1/2" opening hardware cloth on the bottom of the chicken wire to keep the moles off.
- If the wire is solid enough to prevent squirrels chewing?
The chicken wire is choosing high quality steel wire, which is solid enough and will not be chewed by the squirrel.
- If the color is black?
The common color of chicken wire is green, which has PVC coated and if you want other colors, we can customize for you.
Wire gauge definition: wire gauge or "G" refers to the thickness of the wire. the lower of the wire gauge, the thicker of the wires. For example the 19 gauge is thicker than the 22 gauge. So if you want a thicker and heavier chicken wire, you should choose the lower wire gauge.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.