10% Aluminum-Zinc Gabion - Better Corrosion & Abrasion Resistance
10% aluminum-zinc alloy gabion is a new international emerging materials, which is more and more accepted and popular in all over the world, especially in the developed countries.
As we all know, the zinc coated wire has outstanding corrosion and rust resistance performance during using. The aluminum-zinc alloy wire has triple performance and service life than the pure zinc wires.
The zinc-aluminum alloy steel wires are woven or welded into panels and then connected to form cages for protection and decoration. According to different content of aluminum, it can be divided into zinc-5% aluminum-mischmetal (Zn-5 Al-MM) alloy-coated gabion, which is known as Galfan gabion and zinc-10% aluminum-mischmetal (Zn-10 Al-MM) alloy-coated gabion.
Classification of 10% aluminum-zinc gabion
- Different fabrication technology
The 10% aluminum-zinc gabion can be made into cages through woven technology or welded technology. Welded type has welded meshes and is rigid and solid structure to be used in decorative applications. And the woven type has hexagonal meshes and is flexible to be used in the protective applications.
Woven type 10% aluminum-zinc gabion.
Welded type 10% aluminum-zinc gabion.
- Different twist structure
The 10% aluminum-zinc gabions can be made into double twisted structure, which has 3 strands. It can also be made into triple twisted structure, which has 5 strands. The double twisted gabion is suitable for the common applications and is more economical than the triple twisted gabion. The triple twisted gabion has higher tensile strength and stability than the other type. It is suitable for the heavy duty applications to defend the high impacts.
- Double twisted structure.
- Triple twisted structure.
Double twisted structure.
Triple twisted structure.
Features of 10% aluminum-zinc gabion
- Oxidation film. When exposed in the corrosive environments, the 10% aluminum zinc gabion will become black, which form an oxidation film for better corrosion and rust resistance performance.
- Triple life than the galvanized gabions. Due the better corrosion and rust resistance performance, the 10% aluminum-zinc gabion has triple life than the galvanized gabions. Additional, the 10% aluminum-zinc gabion has better adhesion performance and abrasion resistance performance than other materials gabions.
- Stability and electrochemical protection. The stability of 10% aluminum and alloy gabion is similar as the pure aluminum coating and the electrochemical protection is same as the pure zinc coating.
Applications of 10% aluminum-zinc gabion
- 10% aluminum-zinc gabion can be used as retaining wall. Gabion retaining wall is a new type of retaining structure, which is low cost and ecological. It can maintain the healthily growth of plant for beautiful surface.
- 10% aluminum-zinc gabion can be used for protect the river bank, coastal, slope stability and bridge stability.
- 10% aluminum-zinc gabion can also be used as channel lining, flood controlling and other applications.
10% aluminum-zinc gabion is used for dam protection.
10% aluminum-zinc gabion is used for riverbank protection.
10% aluminum-zinc gabion is used for slope protection.
10% aluminum-zinc gabion is used for landscape construction.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.